Tuesday, December 3, 2013

This would happen to me...

I must have bad luck OR I just am bad luck. I'm kidding, but really things like this would happen to me.

So I have a concussion…long story. So I will tell you this long story.

The Friday after Thanksgiving:
I wasn't feeling well and so I went to bed pretty early. I woke up sweating like there was no tomorrow and I felt nauseous. I went into the bathroom and just sat by the toilet, it was approximately too early for me to be up. I sat by the toilet for I don't even know how long. After that method didn't work I got into the shower and just sat there for again I don't even know how long.

Late Friday night or Early Saturday morning (I really don't know):
Got into bed after I took a shower and called a friend…why I did this? I don't even know. Probably because I thought that if I talked to someone that I would feel better and I didn't have enough energy to walk upstairs and talk to my mom. After phoning a friend I went upstairs to ask my mom if we had a heating pad so I could heat my back (it's broken). After she said no, I thought that I would just take a bath so my body could relax…bad idea.

After I took a bath for I don't even know how long, I decided to get out and get dressed. I got my underwear on and a t-shirt and started to feel weak and light-headed. I sat on the edge of the tub and BAM……I woke up, I don't even know how much later, choking on my own vomit. I know I am sorry it is disgusting. All in all what happened was I fainted hit my head really really hard and began to throw up all over myself then started to choke and then woke up. I washed myself off and then I slept all day Saturday.

I mean this is kind of a sad story but in a way it is funny because I seem to have really bad luck, I mean really really really bad luck with life in general. I get an F at being healthy. haha.

Today:
I went to the doctors today because my headache is persistent and after you hit your head really hard you probably should…
She diagnosed me with a concussion and she told me that I shouldn't do anything that increases my head pain, I shouldn't read, study or do my homework. Yeah, I am in college and I have finals in two weeks, that is not going to happen. With much persistence she explained to me that I have to follow these rules in order for my head to get better. I broke down in the doctor's office because I am scared. I am terrified of college in the first place and dealing with a broken back is hard enough. I am scared because I have a lot of homework that I have to do as well. My mom reassured me that everything would be okay and she advised me to get a blessing.

I could say that I believed my mom, but I didn't. I was scared and frustrated and a little bit angry. I thought that things would be really hard and I would fail and this whole semester would be for nothing. Be aware that all of these feelings are happening in about a two maybe four hour time span.

I received a very inspirational and direct blessing from my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for the priesthood and for the people I know who honor and are worthy to hold that power. When I first received the blessing I felt loved but I didn't really feel like my body was healing.

I have a very close friend who is always there for me, I don't know where I would be without them and I am very grateful that they are in my life. I have never felt more loved by a person.

So how all these things fit together. Somehow they do, they are my thoughts. I don't know why things happen in life, I don't know why loved ones die, get ill, or why we hurt each other. I don't know the lessons that I am supposed to learn from this experience of having a difficult body, but I do know that everything will be okay. I know that I will never be abandoned and I know that I will always have angels, physical or spiritual, to guide me throughout these hard times. I can't say that I am not scared. I can't say that this is going to be easy. But my friend has shown me that there are so many things in life that we should be grateful for. I am glad that I am here and I am glad that I am able to jumble on about my life on this blog that I don't even know who reads. Thank you to those who do :).

Yes, my concussion is frustrating and yes I am scared out of my mind about these next few weeks, but as some may say "gird up your loins" "get over yourself" "suck it up" and "kick some booty". (all in a loving manner of course)

Until next post. Hugs and kisses.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog!!! :) And I'm so sorry you're going through this. :( Barfing on yourself and choking sounds awful. And concussions are NEVER easy to deal with. I feel your pain there. Literally. You can do school!! I know I suck at school but I have found if I try my best the Lord always takes care of the rest. Love you! And I'm so grateful you have a special friend:)))

    ReplyDelete