Monday, December 9, 2013

Let's Get Real Here

Okay there are some life lessons that I have learned these past couple of months…

First of all, your body is not invincible. There is no way to cram in two jobs, sixteen credit hours, a lot of studying and I mean a lot, a social life, church, and enough sleep to function. I came to college thinking that it would be a breeze just like high school…well it isn't and I am learning that I need to prioritize.

Second of all, college is the best. Very contradicting, I know. I am so glad that I am out of high school, I had somewhat of a fun time while I was in high school, but those days are gone. I do not miss it at all. I am so glad that you can start over in college. Everyone you meet greets you with kindness and I have had zero drama. If you think college is for you then I am here to tell you that I am having so much fun learning and growing on my own. If you think college isn't for you, then that is fine. I think as long as you are happy and doing good things with your life, then it doesn't matter to me if you are in college or not.

Third of all, the Lord is always there. I am a mormon, and proud of it. There have been things in my life that could not just be "coincidence". Those things are maybe for another blog post though:). Heavenly Father's divine help is just a short distance away, the distance from the ground to your knees.

And last but not least, best friends make a difference. Never in my life have I had such an open relationship with a person as I do now with my best friend. I hope we can all find a person to whom we can open up to and they love us no matter what. I am blessed to have a friend where I can act like a complete idiot (it has happened many times), a friend where I can tell them all my secrets, I can jump in the snow and make snow angels, I can cry, I can laugh my head off. I don't think I have ever had a friendship or relationship with anyone in my life where I can be me 100% of the time. I am usually at like a 95% with most people. Except for my family, no one (until now) has seen EVERY side of me. Best friends make a difference. Good best friends make an impact. And the Best best friends will stay by your side no matter what. Thank you best friend, you know who you are:).


No comments:

Post a Comment