So going from high school where dating is strongly discouraged and being put in a situation where really dating is encouraged….Hmmm that's weird? It changed so fast.
I have been thinking about this a lot because I am young and there are a lot of new things that I have experienced since I graduated high school. I remember being terrified to tell my mom that I liked a boy when I was in high school because she would give me the usual, no boyfriends talk. Which I think is completely right of her for doing so. But the feeling I would get when I liked a boy and being so dang terrified to tell mom.
Well, that has all changed. Since being in college, I feel old. Yes, I am not that old, I am quite young, but I feel like everything I do now will play a role in the future. Which it does. I am no longer scared to tell my mom I like a boy, no longer scared to bring a guy home for family dinner. I am no longer scared of boys or telling my mom about them. Interesting.
Don't get me wrong, I love it. Dating is really fun and especially if you enjoy each other's company. But isn't it so funny how something so wrong is all of a sudden so right? It is like getting married. The worst sin you could commit (intimacy) soon becomes completely okay. Sometimes I get those old high school feelings back of being scared of telling my mom the things that I feel, but it soon goes away because I know I am doing good things that make me happy.
I wonder what it will feel like when I get married? Even weirder I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment