Wednesday, December 11, 2013

why I love people…so much

I just love to people watch because sometimes those are the times where you see the best in others. Sometimes, complete random strangers are the ones who teach you the most. This week I have been taught four lessons.

Lesson #1:
I was sitting doing my homework and the girl across from me accidentally left a piece of trash. As the wave of new people entered the hallway a completely random person bent down and picked up the trash without a word, threw it away and kept walking. True character.

Lesson #2:
I was walking into the library and there was a guy about 30 feet ahead of me. As he opened the door to enter the library, he looked behind, kept holding the door until I was inside. True chivalry.

Lesson #3:
As I was leaving my lecture, a guy who was a little plump around the edges starts singing at the top of his lungs a Christmas song, unaffected by those around him. Finals week is hard and stressful, he brought laughter and joy. True innocence.

Lesson #4:
As I was having a very LOUD conversation with my friend, a guy overheard and started getting to know both of us. True effort of friendship.

Yes the world is a bleak place and I feel like things are beginning to go down hill, BUT I am so grateful that I have been blessed with the ability to see the good in others. All of these unknown people are angels in physical form. I am so glad that there is good in the world. And all of these things happened within a week's time span. See the good in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment