Friday, November 29, 2013

Life & Being Auntie

This week my sister-in-law had a baby! Even though I already have 13 other nieces and nephews, it is still exciting. I love being Aunt Aubrey….sometimes even Aunt Bobby! Chaos and very loud screams are always present in our home :)

Yes, I have 13 nieces and nephews, but lately it has felt completely different, in a very good way. I am not going to lie, the way my family is structured is sometimes hard. I love my family, but the oldest sibling is twenty years apart from the youngest. There is a big gap. I have six older brothers, and when they all got married before you were out of high school, it can sometimes be difficult to start a conversation and keep it going. This was how I felt for a very long time.

One of my brothers got deployed to Afghanistan. Another lives in New York. Lately I have been so grateful for the home I was raised in, I am so grateful for the family I have. I am so grateful for the relationships that I have developed with my siblings.

One of my friends came over for family dinner and they told me when we were on our way back to real life (college) that they had never been at a home where everyone loved each other so much. Good job mom and dad! There is seldom contention and my parents encourage all of us children in whatever we pursue in life. I love the way I have been raised and my parents are a huge example to me on how to be a good future parent.

Life lately has been extraordinary. I have been around people who make me happy, people who treat me right and people who love me. I have found some really good friends and have also kept some really good friends from high school, real close. I am excited for what this new year will bring, we have a month till Christmas, but I am excited to celebrate and be with family. I am excited to see what the new year brings :). Many surprises, I hope. Many unexpected, but good surprises.


No comments:

Post a Comment