Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The BEST New Years

I have some awful luck with holidays. This year I got a concussion during Thanksgiving, I had the worst stomach flu of my life during Christmas and now I have pink eye for New Years. I feel like I have some pretty bad luck with these 2013 holidays.

I have come to find that New Years is not my favorite holiday. We make these goals that seldom get accomplished even though we SWEAR that the next year we will accomplish something. Since I do not drink alcohol and all of that Jazz, I don't see the point in staying up late. But before I bash this holiday and make you think that I hate it completely, there is one thing that I love about the idea of a "New Year". 

I love how I can reflect on the past year and look at all of the wonderful things that have happened to me. Two thousand thirteen was a wonderful year and I can only aspire that each year from here on out will be just as wonderful. There were some difficulties but the good things most definitely out weigh the bad. 
+ I graduated High School
+ I went a full semester to BYU
+ I kissed a boy
+ I fell in love
+ I got two jobs
+ I paid for all my Christmas Gifts on my own
+ Me and my sisters became closer
+ I went to Disneyland
+ I participated in a Scholarship Program
+ I got a camera
+ My friends went on missions (I am so proud)
+ I got a calling

There are so many wonderful things that have happened to me this year. I hope that when we come to a close on each year in our life, we reflect on all of the GOOD things that have happened. I know that some of us may think we had a horrible year, but I know that there were some good moments throughout. The saying as to, "look at the glass half full rather than half empty" has played a huge role in my life. Find the good in each year and focus on that. 

Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment