Friday, November 8, 2013

the little ones

My thoughts on this picture from my current reading project: Migrations. 

I grew up in a family of nine kids. We are extremely loud and you are seldom alone. I loved it, and still do. There were some rough times, but for the most part I absolutely loved being able to say I came from a family of nine kids. If meant that my mom was cool: having a billion kids.

With a big family there are some big age differences. From the youngest to the oldest there are twenty years. My family's dynamic is probably much different from a lot of people's. My oldest brother was married by the time I turned six. But I am so grateful that I was put into the family that I have.

All six of my brothers are married, yes I have six older brothers. I was blessed with amazing sister-in-laws who are so kind. But one of my most favorite things about my family is the consistent growth of tiny little babies coming into the Larsen family.

I have a special place in my heart for children. I have always loved children since I was little. There are times where I almost want to rip my hair out, but I LOVE KIDS. Probably because I still am a kid at heart. There is just something about the innocence children have and how they carry the pure love of life anywhere they go. Plus, they are hilarious. My nieces and nephews have taught me so much about the joys of life. From a ladybug landing on your arm to the excitement of a popsicle.

I love this picture of this man carrying those little girls. The world would not be the same if there were no children. They are precious.

Of all the joys of life, none other equals that of happy parenthood. Of all the responsibilities with which we struggle, none other is so serious. To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of challenges. The good result from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley



Salgado, Sebastião. Migrations: Humanity in Transition. New York: Aperture, 2000. Print.

Salgado, Sebastião. Migrations: Humanity in Transition. (Pamphlet) New York: Aperture, 2000. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment