Monday, November 11, 2013

Left to Tell

I am not a reader, I only enjoy a very few amounts of books. So when I recommend a book, it must be really good.

I had to read this book for one of my classes, but it turns out that I absolutely loved it. There are few books that make you think and ponder upon your own life, and this book is completely different. I loved the fact that I could read this book and find ways to improve myself and become a better human being. There is a lot of emotion in the book that you can relate to. This woman is simply inspiring and there is no doubt in the words that she gives about her faith in God. It was comforting that forgiving people didn't come as easily as she hoped, sometimes we are angry with ourselves when we can't forgive and to read about the struggles that she faced, she made it and lives a normal life. There were times when she was angry with those who killed her family, the world and even God, but her journey to find God's individual love is astounding. Sometimes we feel alone but this woman's testament of God and the reality of comfort strengthened me in my every day efforts. I absolutely loved the book, go read it.

1 comment: