Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bear My Burden

From the book Migrations. My current reading project.


A couple months ago I heard a comment in church that really made me think. We were talking about how you are never really truly alone, you always have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and Christ. This woman stood up extremely upset and said, 

"I want everyone to stop saying that, I want everyone to realize that there is not ALWAYS someone there, I have felt alone and it is possible to be alone."

After that comment was made, it really made me think about loneliness. What is being alone? What feelings accompany that state of being? Have I ever felt alone? I have been thinking about this a lot and I finally came to my own realization. I know what it feels like to be sad and angry with a situation or a trial. I have been angry and sad with my back, but I didn't know if I ever truly felt utterly alone. 

I remember feeling alone in high school but only in the sense of none of these teenagers really understand my situation. Sometimes people didn't understand why I couldn't go bowling or run on the field and such, but I have always known that there was someone looking out for me. It is true that there have been times where I am more aware of Heavenly Father, and times where I am not so aware, but I have always known that He was there, even if that faith was smaller than a tiny seed. 

The picture above illustrates a man off to the right all by himself, carrying weight, on the opposite side of the group. I do not want to be ignorant and insensitive to people's situations or that lady's comment, but in my eyes and my personal situations, feeling alone is a decision. We are on this earth to lift one another up. There is comfort whenever you seek it out. I can't promise that people will always be nice, because they won't, but you can find comfort in your faith of Heavenly Father.

You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars is guiding you too.

We can choose to walk by ourselves or walk with an angel, the spirit, with Christ and most of all we can learn to walk with our Faith in the Gospel.

Salgado, SebastiĆ£o. Migrations: Humanity in Transition. New York: Aperture, 2000. Print.

Salgado, SebastiĆ£o. Migrations: Humanity in Transition. (Pamphlet) New York: Aperture, 2000. Print.





2 comments:

  1. When I first looked at this picture I did not think of it the same way you did, but I love your incite. Everything you said is so true. I have times where I feel like no one understands me or what I am going through, so I pray to my Father in Heaven, and remember that Christ's Atonement caused him to feel everything that I have felt, and will ever feel. Something that struck me while I was reading your post, and looking at this picture is that Christ can make our burdens light. Even though this man is walking by himself carrying all of that stuff, Christ can comfort him and make his burden easier to carry. If we live this gospel faithfully then we can never be completely alone, and whatever we are dealing with will seem more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Aubrey! You will never be alone, I promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete