Where I chose to live this year while I am attending college took a lot of careful thought and consideration. So, there is a reason why I live "kind of" off campus- A) I need a parking spot for my car and B) I live right across the street from the stadium.
I am from Utah so I know how big the BYU football games can get and how awful the traffic can be, but I didn't know how bad it actually got until today.
First of all I was out doing errands and came home to my apartment complex and there are all these signs saying "wyview residents only", "do not park if not an attendant" etc. I was following the rules because this is where I dwell, it is my home. At one o'clock today when I came home there was not a single parking spot in my complex. At first I gave it the benefit of the doubt and thought eh.... maybe everyone is home, but no all these strangers were taking up my parking spots. Dude.....I LIVE HERE. Half of them were middle aged men who have no life and all they have to look forward to is "their" college games, as where they attended the school a hundred years ago. Also the game didn't start for another 4 hours anyway, why the rush? Annoyance one.
Second, I had to take my brother home from the game, long story short I had to drive him home after the game ended. My biggest pet peeve is when the light is green and there are too many cars to fit, but the light is still green- that magic beacon from heaven- and there are cars who just go and sit and wait in the middle of the intersection while the light turns yellow to red. They have this thing like oh if I just go where there is no room, magically I will be okay and won't block traffic. Excuse me? Whilst the cars going the opposite way can't move and they sit through three whole lights because some stupid driver couldn't just wait for more room the next light. There is no need to hold up traffic. They feel as though if they have to wait then so does everyone else in the intersection. I triumph over all they say. We are all trying to get home after the game, you are not entitled to anything more than me. Annoyance two.
Take into consideration the fact that I am sitting through these three lights. Here comes the bad luck. I have this sudden urge that I have to pee, and it was like I am going to pee my pants right now, it was not an urge to take lightly. First thing to happen was that I started sweating and clenching all the muscles I knew how to squeeze, as HARD as I can. Then I unbuckle my seatbelt and assume the pose-----the pose where you crouch, it's the one like I am trying really hard not to pee on myself pose. While sitting in the horrible BYU post game traffic I think to myself how hard would it be to hobble over to that tree and would I be able to get my pants off? Serious questions I know. I honestly thought I was going to die.
After ten minutes of this misery, my body triumphantly won. Bladder of STEAL! Having babies-
p i e c e o f c a k e.
I won but never the less it was awful timing to the extreme.
I am CRYING!!!!!! I AM SERIOUSLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD SOOO HARD WITH TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE!!!!
ReplyDelete