Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A/C problems and Female to Male Ratio:

Growing up I lived in a legitimate IceCube. My mom kept our house at like 65 degrees, which in A/C terms, is very very cold. Because Mama was the Queen bee of the house, no one argued with her on temperature controls (except that time when my sister turned it down to 40 degrees, to test the battle field). When I moved out, the only thing that I was excited for was a normal air conditioned living area. NOPE. It hasn't quite been the case.

I think my whole life my body is so used to being overly cold, that I have adapted and now am the monster that I thought my mom was. I am the type of person who needs consistent airflow, I need to experience all the air in the apartment. My roommates on the other hand, do not believe in A/C... whoa whoa whoa back up. Yes, they do not turn the A/C on, it is on the off button. Here I am wanting a semi-cold house and they live in a furnace, it gets toasty and stuffy and clammy and you name it. Yes we are in Utah, and yes it still gets hot here, trust me I have lived here my whole life. Sleeping is the worst part....I wake up sweating like I am giving birth to a twelve pound baby. Sometimes I secretly sneak out of my room while they are asleep and turn it down, when asked did I turn it on...... I uh just simply deny it.  We have an A/C ghost.

The female to male ratio here at BYU is pitiful. All my family could talk about (when I decided I was going to study here) is that I would be engaged by the end of the semester. I was having vague thoughts that maybe I would be snatched up by some tall, handsome man or something, but seeing the sparse amounts of males, I bet my dating life will be at an all time low. I feel like a hound dog, I literally can sniff out where the boys are. Pathetic, yes. But one walks by and all the girls heads turn. It is like the scene on MeanGirls where she envisions everything like the jungle in Africa, that is what BYU is like. College IS a jungle. For every guy there are 7 girls, nice for the boys, sucky for the girls. I have never been the girl to hunt down a boy to get his number or talk to him, I don't know if I need to change. I look and stare and stalk but never really initiate much.  These college girls are like lions hunting down prey. Males are literally being ripped apart. Girls go at them like magnets. I am over here like.....ummmm where is this building and "I CAN'T FIND MY CAR", how do you get to the parking lot? Oh and my favorite, how do you get out of this building-yes it happened to me today.


1 comment:

  1. OKAY COMEDIAN!!!!!!!!
    I have the same problem with AC! Since Mama raised us in an igloo I have had these SAME problems living with roommates.
    Love you! My abs just got a nice workout.

    ReplyDelete