Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I just wish...

I have a friend who can read people like books. Literally can look at a person and know exactly what they are feeling. When they are sad, he knows. When they are happy, he knows. When they are frustrated, he knows. I have always admired him and his ability to empathize with others. I don't know if it is a gift or what.

Me on the other hand, have no such capability whatsoever.

If someone is sad, I will probably think that they are constipated. If someone is happy and laughing, I think they are crying. I cannot read people or their emotions. This has been problematic since I have made social contact with others. Especially college.

Lately I have had some, what you call, "inner struggles", because I can't read a certain someone. They talk to me a lot, then they don't for a week. They smile sometimes and other times they just stare. They ask me to do things and I do them, then they don't acknowledge me. I feel like I am losing my mind. If only I had some special power.

Because of my disability to read people, I have come to the conclusion that when the time comes that I will marry, it will be extremely difficult. I won't catch the hint, when he goes down on one knee I am going to be that girl who is like, "so what are you doing?". I have no hope.

Hopefully when the time approaches i'll let the holy spirit guide. I just wish...

1 comment:

  1. Have hope! And pray that you can receive this gift!!! You have many gifts. One of the gifts I've admired about you is the ability to know good people from evil. You have always picked good friends (minus a few) and good boys to date! I never had that gift. It was something I had to develop. So you can develop. Don't give up!

    P.S. I hope this person isn't me?????

    ReplyDelete