I am not going to lie, I now cringe every time someone asks me how old I am. Not because I am ashamed of my age or the decisions in my life or that I am getting married, but because I am scared to hear their response. I have been told that I am way too young to get married and that I am rushing into things and that I am throwing my life away. Well let me shed some light on my feelings about getting married young.
First, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and we believe that the family (which includes a husband and a wife) is essential to our purpose in life.
Second, I do not believe in soul mates, I think that there are numerous amounts of wonderful people in the world and many of which would go well together, I do believe in choices though. I believe that we have a choice of who we get to marry and when we get to marry. I chose a wonderful man who I know will love and care for me. I also love him (which I assume is important) more than I can comprehend.
Third, I am getting married in the temple and that is as right as can be for me. In my religious beliefs, we believe that marriage extends beyond this life and is for eternity. Our temples are a place to come closer to our Heavenly Father and be sealed (married) for the rest of time and eternity. I am so excited to go to the temple.
Fourth, I am getting married because I know it is right for me at this time in my life.
I understand that there are concerns for people who get married young, and I respect your opinion if you disagree with me on anything. I just want to say that I have never been so happy in my entire life. I have never felt so at peace with a decision. I am beyond excited to spend the rest of my life with someone I love even though they fart in front of me or sometimes have a booger hanging out. All joking aside I know marriage is a wonderful step in life and I am so excited to take it.
For those of you who do not think marriage is important, I may not be able to change your mind, but marriage has been the most peaceful decision I have ever made in my life. There is nothing more fulfilling in my life than caring for a man so deeply and wanting to serve someone. For those of you who may not have had the chance, I believe that things will work out the way they are supposed to for you in due time.
And to all those who have torn me down and tried to defeat my decision to marry, I am sorry but I AM STILL GETTING MARRIED and am so excited about it. I hope you all realize how important marriage is and there is never a right time, only a right time for you. Marriage is going to be wonderful and I could never imagine a life without my sweetheart.
And to all those who have torn me down and tried to defeat my decision to marry, I am sorry but I AM STILL GETTING MARRIED and am so excited about it. I hope you all realize how important marriage is and there is never a right time, only a right time for you. Marriage is going to be wonderful and I could never imagine a life without my sweetheart.
One of the most beautiful, comforting doctrines of the Lord-one that brings immense peace, happiness, and unbounded joy-is that principle called eternal marriage.
Richard G. Scott
So happy to hear (read) this Aubrey. I think each person will eventually find someone that they can appreciate, love, care, and it will be in their own time. And also I never said this before, but some people said thing the hurt my feeling when I was engage to my sweet now husband, because of the previous breakup engagement I had. So i think people can be mean, even if they dont realize what they are doing. The important thing is what we believe is right for us. At the end, we are the ones who live our lifes.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm super happy for you! I hope you enjoy every detail of this time in your life. Being engage is sweet! ! But being marry is even better! !
Heck ya! Marriage is da best! You should remind people that just a 100 years ago, girls got marrieda t age 16. So, technically, you're an old maid! Ha!
ReplyDelete